By JoAnn Mullen
My family asks every year what I want for Christmas. Since I’ve outgrown the need for material tributes, here’s what I really want:
- A sweater of self-esteem so that I can feel a warm, loving feeling about myself at all times.
- An anti-procrastination afghan so that I may do things on time without delays and worries.
- An adventure hat that, when I put it on, brings me a sense of excitement, anticipation and adventure.
- Rose-colored glasses to see the world in a positive light and see the best in others.
- A barrel of energy and fun to feel that playfulness and childlikeness with which to enjoy the world.
- A plate of humility to not let my ego run wild and get the best of me.
- A ton of love to spread around others, especially those who don’t have much in their lives.
I hope that we all find these presents under our trees. There would be no need to return or exchange any of these gifts and they needn’t be wrapped.
Have a great holiday season!